Paranormal romance is one of my least favourite genres, because often the romance totally overwhelms the story. Some of my favourite YA books from the past few years have centered around teenage relationships, whether it’s a girl who has to remind herself every morning about the guy she loves, a red notebook that bring a guy and a girl closer together, or a terminal illness that gives two teens a shared experience. I’ve listed my favourite YA love stories below (with links to my reviews). The characters in these books feel like real people, with real problems, who have realistic relationships.
- The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carloyn Mackler
- You Against Me by Jenny Downham
- Forgotten by Cat Patrick
- This is Shyness by Leanne Hall
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
What are your favourite YA love stories?