There have been so many great children’s fiction titles this year. I’ve been furiously reading books for ages 7-12 for my many school visits this year so that I would have some fantastic new books to introduce kids to. Here are my top 10 children’s fiction titles of 2015.
- The Shark-Headed Bear-Thing by Barry Hutchison
- Pugs of the Frozen North by Philip Reeve and Sarah McIntyre
- The Bad Guys: Episode 1 by Aaron Blabey
- Olive of Groves by Katrina Nannestad
- Fuzzy Mud by Louis Sachar
- The Porridge of Knowledge by Archie Kimpton
- The Astounding Broccoli Boy by Frank Cottrell Boyce
- The Ghosts of Tarawera by Sue Copsey
- The Marvels by Brian Selznick
- Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate (will review on the blog next year when it comes out in NZ)
My favourite children’s fiction title of 2015 is…Olive of Groves by Katrina Nannestad. It has been one of the last books I’ve read this year but it really stands out for its wonderful characters and quirky humour.
My favourite series for children of 2015 is…The Bad Guys by Aaron Blabey. The combination of Aaron’s hilarious text and illustrations make this series an absolute winner!