February 14th is not only Valentine’s Day. It is also International Book Giving Day — a day dedicated to getting new, used, and borrowed books into the hands of as many children as possible.
Well known children’s authors from around the world including Mem Fox, Chris Haughton, Ed Emberley, Ed Vere, Peter H. Reynolds, Sandy Fussell, Priya Kuriyan, Janeen Brian, Barney Saltzberg, Hazel Edwards, and many of our brilliant local authors are giving books to children on February 14th and are encouraging others to do the same.
Here are some of our wonderful New Zealand authors and illustrators who have pledged their support for International Book Giving Day.
- Susan Brocker – https://www.facebook.com/susan.brocker.author
- Peter Millett – petermillettbooks.com
- Melinda Szymanik – www.melindaszymanik.com/
- Lee Murray – https://sites.google.com/site/leemurraywriter/home
- Sharon Holt – www.facebook.com/pages/Sharon-Holt-childrens-author/215529898464556
- Glenn Wood – www.glennwoodauthor.com/
- David Hill – www.bookcouncil.org.nz/writers/hilldavid.html
- Raymond Huber – www.raymondhuber.co.nz/
- Kyle Mewburn – www.kylemewburn.com/
- Mandy Hager – mandyhager.blogspot.co.nz
- Rachael King – www.rachael-king.com
To acknowledge their support I think it would be great to buy some of their books to give to children on International Book Giving Day.
For more information about International Book Giving Day and how you can be involved you can read my post all about it.
One thought on “New Zealand Authors Celebrating International Book Giving Day”
Thank you so much, New Zealand contingent! We are excited to have you joining us!