- Why did you want to be a writer?
I was naturally good at it and I loved reading. I believe we are born with talents and gifts and that was one of mine. I am also very passionate about writing, reading and books.
- What’s the best thing about being a writer?
The best thing is getting feedback that your hard work has made other people happy.
- What’s your favourite New Zealand book?
Most things by Kate DeGoldi – at the moment, it’s The 10pm Question and The ACB with Honora Lee.
- What do you love most about New Zealand?
Everything! The friendly people, green open spaces, positive can do attitudes and easy going lifestyle.
- What do you love most about libraries?
Everything! I would live in one if I could! My happy place is sitting among piles of picture books. (Librarians are great people too!)
Sharon Holt is the author of novels, picture books and the wonderful Te Reo Singalong series. Her books include two of the My New Zealand Story books, No Survivers and Sabotage.