- Why did you want to be a writer?
I wanted to write since I was a little boy. There has never been a time when I didn’t want to be a writer. I think I was born to write.
- What’s the best thing about being a writer?
Being able to make up a whole world in my imagination and put it to paper. It’s pretty cool.
- What’s your favourite New Zealand book?
Probably the stories of Barry Crump – he wrote really good yarns.
- What do you love most about New Zealand?
It’s the best country in the world to live in – and I’m not just making that up! Lots of international lists have New Zealand in the top five places to live. We’ve got some of the best schools and hospitals. We’re safe and clean, and Kiwis are rated the friendliest people in the world.
- What do you love most about libraries?
Libraries are a great place to escape and find another world to read about.